Volunteer for TDPH! 2013
Volunteer for the best event in Baltimore--Tour dem Parks, Hon! From traffic directors to food preparers to registration aids, we need you in any capacity. You don't have to ride (although you get to for free before/after your shift), and you get to spend a Sunday afternoon at a picnic in Carroll Park!
Below is a list of who we need to do what. Please sign up early, as the free ride and picnic is a big draw to volunteers and spaces fill quickly. You also get this year's t-shirt.
Contact: JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING .
• Registration: Show up early, enjoy the day! From 7-9 a.m., help with check in, t-shirts, and answer questions (we'll fill you in on what you need to know). Then ride the ride, or spend the morning eating the rest of the bagels. Needed--10 volunteers.
• Event Parking: Help TdemP early, then enjoy the festivities of the day! From 6-9 a.m., help participants ditch their cars at Montgomery Park and direct them to registration. Needed--10 volunteers.
• Photographers: Show up at registration with a camera, then ride one of the four tours, taking photos as you go.
• Traffic directors: There are two to three stops along this ride that require a little guidance. You and another person will help riders cross the road safely. You will be provided with vests and hand signs as you guide riders to their next destination. This job is done in shift so that you don't have to spend the length of the ride at your post. Needed--10 volunteers
• Picnic prep: Help us set up for the picnic and party. Set up tables, plates, napkins, and condiments for the burgers. Some prep work for salads and snacks will be done in the kitchen, but nothing that requires Julia Child-like experience. Needed--10 volunteers
• Runners: Better than a gopher, you are the one who keeps the drinks flowing and the food supplied. You monitor the food area, collect supplies from the nearby stable house, and make sure everyone is having a good time (and they do!). Often the picnic prep people stay on to be runners because it's just that much fun. Needed--5 volunteers
• Clean-up: We all clean up, even the riders, but it's nice to have extra hands. All are welcome.